Do you have problems sleeping?
Do you do anything in your power to fix the problem, or do you resign yourself to it?
There are ways to shut our body down, if we listen to it closely.
First of all is to let go of your worries. Hard, but possible. Meditate about what’s worrying you, accept it.
Think in positive. ‘I will fall asleep eventually’. Your mind is a magnet, say the word ‘no’ and you’ll get plenty of negative thoughts with them!
Yogis (people that does Yoga) use the Ujjayi Pranayama breath:
1. Inhale deeply through your nose, mouth closed. Feel the air passing down through your windpipe.
2. Slightly contract the back of the throat, as you do when you whisper, and exhale. Imagine your breath is fogging up a window w the mouth closed.
3. Keep this contraction of the throat as you inhale and exhale, continue breathing through your nose.
4. Concentrate on the sound of the breath, it will soothe your mind. It should be audible to you only.
5. Let your inhalations fill your belly, ribs and chest. Completely release the air during your exhalations.
SEND THE RIGHT MESSAGE
When I exhale my breath, I send mentally a message to my body ‘It’s time to calm down, relax’.
Check your mattress don’t think they are expensive coz:
1. You either invest in a good mattress that can give you a good sleep or
2. Be a cheapskate and pay a chiropractor or physiotherapist to fix your back problems.
WHITE NOISE MACHINE
There is a white noise machine or mobile apps that will let you listen to a specific noise of your choice, so it blocks out the other noises.
Don’t bother looking at the time, it will only frustrate you more. Be strong. Surrender the battle within your body.
Get onto yoga ‘s child pose which is laying on your knees, in a prayer form. Extend your hands facing down.
VALERIAN ROOT TEA
If that fails, try valerian root tea, it helps to fall asleep.
A friend used to go to bed at 4 am for years. She started a 9 to 5 and she couldn’t wake up on time.
She had to force herself to a routine of going to bed at 10pm each night.
Eventually her body got the message.
Don’t give up. We don’t learn things so quickly.
The mother in me wants to ask you, are your pyjamas warm enough? If not go get them!
SIDE EFFECTS OF NOT SLEEPING ENOUGH
We will be grumpy, irritable, tempted to eat comfort food that in turn will make us feel guilty for eating badly.
#spiritual #grateful #seethegood #sleep #backpain #travel #namaste #spirituality #sleeping #health #dance #hope #thankful #meditation #mindfulness #meditate #flower #yoga #love #content #positive #eatingdisorder #fat #foodporn #listen #overweight #help